• Show
Clear All

• which amp you think is the best of these

Marshall 2555X Silver Jubilee Replica 100 Watt Guitar Amplifier Head

Hughes & Kettner GrandMeister Midi Guitar Amplifier Head 36 Watts

Marshall JCM900 4100 Dual Reverb 100 Watt Guitar Amp Head

Marshall JVM210H 100 Watt Guitar Amplifier Head

thanks for opinions

Do you REALLY need 100 watts? Do you play in stadiums? Seriously - unless you do, it's an incredible waste of money, power, and time. Unless you can play as loud as you want in your house. Wear hearing protection.

Even 36W is pretty friggin' loud through the right speakers...

That said, gimme the Jubilee. It's the "oldest-school" amp on the list.

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
      Do you REALLY need 100 watts? Do you play in stadiums? Seriously - unless you do, it's an incredible waste of money, power, and time. Unless you can play as loud as you want in your house. Wear hearing protection.

Even 36W is pretty friggin' loud through the right speakers...

That said, gimme the Jubilee. It's the "oldest-school" amp on the list.

Justin
      They make a 20 watt version of the Silver Jubilee (the 2525)...
      The Blue Guitar
      www.blueguitar.org
      Some recordings:
      https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

thanks iam not sure which yet, I like the jubilee, isn't it like the silver anniversary back in the 80's? those were real nice..
        I really also like with the 100 watt the 4 speaker outputs
        really want a mesa mark 5 but no payment plan that I can get lol

Comment

To answer your question we need to know what style(s) you play and what kind of venues. If you are playing clubs and want a JCM800 dimed like sound at a lower volume, check out a Jet City JCA 22 series and save a lot of money. You can still use a 4x12" cab if you have to have the look if that's important. You may still need a speaker attenuator.

Comment

mostly metal, but I like a good clean and blues sound also... anyways the Marshall 2555X Silver Jubilee Replica 100 Watt Guitar Amplifier Head
            is on its way...thanks

Comment

I like the sound of the jubilee clips.
              Has nice clean and vintage rock tones.
              Unless your playing stadiums, I would think the 50 watt, and a 4x12 cab would suffice.
              If you need louder, you can always mic it!

"If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

What Terry said. I truly hope you are able to use the amp to its fullest potential! IOW, <LOUD!!!>

Congrats on a fine amp!

Justin
                "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
                X