Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW/OLD SOLARUS - Question - New to forum too! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Same town as Amy Fisher, Debbie Gibson and Lindsay Lohan
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    You guys ROCK!!!!

Dude - I just printed your diagram - many thanks! Transposing schematics (in my head) to the actual amp wiring is difficult because, I'm new at this.... and I know this is a very simple circuit that we are discussing.
    Not sure what you mean by, "using the pins on the (polarity?) switch as a terminal strip so, the that the wires reach". I need some more schematic gazing time to figure it out but, I am expecting a eureka moment any moment now.

Enzo - When I first removed the cap, I also removed all the wires between the polarity switch and the on/off swithc. I think that, removing the polarity switch wires is the reason why the amp did not work when I first took the cap out. I'm going to try simply removing the cap, as you suggest. Cheers!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just take your time - wave comes. Let the other guys go, catch another one - Duke Kahanamoku

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,682/2
    Given: 1,210/1
    Quote Originally Posted by AjaxLepinski View Post
    ......Enzo - When I first removed the cap, I also removed all the wires between the polarity switch and the on/off swithc. I think that, removing the polarity switch wires is the reason why the amp did not work when I first took the cap out. I'm going to try simply removing the cap, as you suggest. Cheers!
    YES! If you do that, you should be in business. Leave everything as original and simply remove the cap. That should be the same as my diagram. Leave the polarity switch wired as is. The switch will no longer do anything. As I said, it is simply being used as a terminal strip (making connections).

“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    YES! If you do that, you should be in business. Leave everything as original and simply remove the cap. That should be the same as my diagram. Leave the polarity switch wired as is. The switch will no longer do anything. As I said, it is simply being used as a terminal strip (making connections).
    Eureka - I think I'm in business!
    I'm hoping to have time on Thursday to try this out.

Thanks again!!!

Just take your time - wave comes. Let the other guys go, catch another one - Duke Kahanamoku

Thumbs Up/Down
    KNOB OCD ALERT!!!!
    The Solarus came with two Fender knobs that have been really bugging me.
    I checked with the original Sunn knob manufacturer, ROGAN CORP in Illinois. They have upped the minimum purchase to 500 knobs at $2.85 each = $1425.00 plus shipping!
    There was no use trying to talk them into selling me 150 knobs for $500 - they are making a lot more money with medical plastics than phenolic knobs.

So, I did the next best thing... I bought a Sunn Concert Bass head for $228 (shipping included) on eBay, and hijacked two knobs for my Solarus!!! Yeah, baby!!!!
    I'm replacing the Bass head knobs with Fenders and will resell. This, is the nature of OCD!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new knobs.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	684.2 KB 
ID:	40119

Last edited by AjaxLepinski; 08-06-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Thread Information