Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg Gemini fuse holder

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so nice to meet you all !

I am looking for an old fuse holder, actually the top, for my sixties Ampeg Gemini - anybody ?

Kind Regards,
    Rodrigo

Try this

Fuse-holder, Diodes

Comment

Tried, Bruce told me he didn't have them
      Off course I could put a new one in, I'd have to change the whole fuse, and they're not as cool as the old ones with the big white round arrow :-)

Comment

I just use the standard Fender-style fuse holders. The big white round arrow type is no longer made. You can be practical, and replace your fuse holder. Or scrounge around flea markets for years trying to find a "correct" one.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I know I know, but wanted to check if anyone had those lying around somewhere....

Comment

Did you check out the offerings at the link nsubulysses posted?
            The fuse holder pictured at Fuseholder Ampeg Vers. 1, 60's Style - Product Details looks like exactly what you want and even mentions the Ampeg Gemini.

Stand alone fuse holder caps are rarely sold separately. Very very rarely. You usually need to buy the whole fuse holder assembly. That doesn't mean that you necessarily need to replace the complete fuse holder in your amp. Just use the new cap. Note that designs vary so all caps are not interchangeable with all fuse holder bodies. However, if the overall style looks the same then the new cap will often fit on the old fuse holder body.

If you don't mind spending more money then they offer NOS fuse holders for Ampeg amps at
            Fuseholder Ampeg 60's Style NOS - Product Details
            The web site uses the same photo for both fuse holders so we can't see the real difference between the NOS offering and the newer one that looks like the old version.

Tom
            Last edited by Tom Phillips; 06-22-2016, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
              Did you check out the offerings at the link nsubulysses posted?
              The fuse holder pictured at Fuseholder Ampeg Vers. 1, 60's Style - Product Details looks like exactly what you want and even mentions the Ampeg Gemini...
              I too have been wanting a vintage appropriate look fuse holder. Happy coincidence that I tripped across this posting.
              Thanks Tom & nsubulysses.
              Bill
              Keep learning. Never give up.

Comment

Working...
              X