Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roll your own vacuum tubes

http://www.pandcamp.com/tube_pandc/kari1.htm

server seems to be down right now. what bad luck.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

funny, i can't get the server to respond. maybe there's a router problem or something.

here's their listing at network solutions. don't know why i can't reach them.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...n=pandcamp.com
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

hmm... I'm not sure how you would get around whatever that is preventing you from seeing the page. Well here are a couple of photos from the first page.
        Attached Files

Comment

continued... that's all the pics for the 1st page
          Attached Files

Comment

Works fine from here and has since the first few moments of the first post.

Note that the site wants to install a language pack, which I declined, but depending upon your o//s or browser settings it may come up as something different. IF there's a message, read it carefully as it may actuallybe getting through.

You can try to ping the site from the command line to see if anything is getting through.

Very interesting site though.

Barry

Comment

Dai, please can you tell me what the captions to the pictures on this page say

http://www.pandcamp.com/tube_pandc/2.htm

It looks like the guy is making plasma in a tube with an induction heater.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

1st pic:

"the high freq. heater (von?verter--sry don't know what the word is) work coil (am planning on building a new one)"

2nd:

"when heated, the gas molecules rise"

Comment

Thanks very much,,, this is one of the coolest things I've seen!!!

Comment

where do most of you get your tubes from??? like 12ax7, at7's, 6L6', 7025's,,,,,

like who sells the best quality tubes like these I've mentioned??? I can get most of them from a couple of local guitar shops here but
                    I'd like to know where you guys recommend to buy them from???

popoahi

Comment

but this can't be how most tubes are made right?? or how many 12AX7's can this guy make in a day?? ha,ha......

Comment

Some links to mass producing valves.

Mullard - The Blackburn Vacuum Tubes Factory (Full) - YouTube

Tube manufacturing in the 40's | MAKE

Comment

Has anyone taken a look at some of the equipment in use?

Some of that stuff looks like an engineering nightmare (or a marvel)

Comment

This dude takes this homebrewing stuff to a hole new level.
                            In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X