Holy mother of God! auction gone nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy mother of God! auction gone nuts

Wonder if they come with a can of snake-oil too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-PAIR-TELEFU...QQcmdZViewItem

Well a good laugh for a Friday, eh?

Alexander
    Retrodyne Amps
    Cheers,

Alexander
    Austin Texas
    www.retrodyne-austin.com

that isn't the first time that i've seen telefunken tubes sell for obscene prices. what is really amazing is that there are people out there who will actually pay that price. that makes me want to rip out every white diamond tube i have, replace them with RCA, and then ebay them.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I could use these for two Champs and it would only look like half the cost!!!

Comment

i have one of those still in the box. wish i had 50

Comment

I'm keeping mine, I doubt they would fetch that much.
          Attached Files
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

i knew my tubes were cheap but compared to those they are a steal!!!! lol

Comment

!!!

however, they offered free shipping, insured, thats just fair...

Comment

I recently aquired an old Scott tube hifi amp that is filled with telefunkens, I'm gonna have to look those over. Maybe I'll be able to pay my house off.
                Stop by my web page!

Comment

personally I don't see 500 bucks of value in a 12AX7, even if it's a special type but those (which are not the same thing as the usual smooth or waffle plate Tele 12AX7s, BTW) are usually high priced in the old production/NOS tube market. The old Czechoslovakian Tesla (not the same company as JJ) made what is apparently a copy usually seen/sold as "E83CC" so those might be a better value. IIRC those had frame grids and are a bit diff. in construction.

Comment

Working...
                  X