A Contemporary Theremin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Contemporary Theremin

Got an email shot today for a "Grid-Eye sensor from Panasonic - see video to get the idea.

This chip is a IR sensitive 8x8 grid with integrated lens. It seems to me that one of these coupled to a micro + audio output would allow it to become a musical instrument where the note(s) is/are selected by hand XY position and volume by movement along the Z-axis. Use two hand to get two note harmony. Add a second person for four notes...

Duh.. Theremin, not Thermin
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Cool, looks a little overkill also. Pressure and temperature sensors, one for your feet and the other for your favorite beverage.

Comment

Does that mean that to keep it in tune, your beverage has to stay within 10% of the ideal temperature specification? Keep the beer coming! My instrument is out of tune!

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
        Does that mean that to keep it in tune, your beverage has to stay within 10% of the ideal temperature specification? Keep the beer coming! My instrument is out of tune!

Justin

Not quite.... The more beer you consume the less you notice that you've gone out of tune
        Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
        X