Fender Silverface Twin Bias Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Silverface Twin Bias Question

This Silverfaced Twin has the master vol. I'm getting different bias readings then the schematic shows.
    Transformer lead 59vac after rectifier diode -48.4V and back of the balance pot -38.8V . The bias filter cap
    " the one off the back of the pot" to a 100uf x 100v . Could that make a difference. ?
    I checked the 3.3k and the 15k resistor and both check out ok.100W_Mast_Vol_SF_Twin_Rev.pdf

Thanks

Does the amp work? Do the power tubes idle at a reasonable current? In other words, what exactly are we trying to fix?

I see two 80uf 75v filter caps in the bias supply, so no, changing them to 100uf won't change anything, and upping the voltage rating to 100 won;t matter either.

What is the AC voltage at the red/blue wire? 63v bias supply tells me I need to see about 45vAC there. How much ripple is on that 48v where the 63 belongs? If that first filter cap is bad or not connected, then you get no filtration, and the DC reads low. If 63 is low, then so will be 52.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X