Weekend build ..need some advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend build ..need some advise

I'm in the process of building this stompbox on vero (as a weekend project ) Guitar FX Layouts: Madbean Turnabout (JHS Andy Timmons)
    it calls for a on/off/on switch & that is the only part I don't have .i Have a whole bunch of on/on switches would I be able to work around the switch difference & use my on/on switch & be able to get 2 of the 3 modes & when i get the proper switch swap it out . how would i wire it ? ..thanks.....
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Looking at the schematic a SPDT switch is all that is required

Afterthought: If you really did want the center-off function you could use a SPDT and SPST switch in series. The SPST interrupts the signal to the pole of the SPDT and so becomes the clipper on-off switch.
    Last edited by nickb; 07-09-2016, 09:41 PM.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Thanks I see that in the schematic . it uses a switch for 3 modes .

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        Thanks I see that in the schematic . it uses a switch for 3 modes .
        Indeed you are correct. I didn't notice the LED clipper first time around. In any case the answer is above.

Comment

I never did much of a search but SPDT and SPST switch in series. got a diagram ?

Comment

Try this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Serial Switches.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	842408

Comment

Thanks ... I don't have the 1N5817 diode whats would be the best sub ? Bat 41 ?

Comment

it calls for a on/off/on switch & that is the only part I don't have... when i get the proper switch swap it out . how would i wire it ?
                The wiring would be the same. Make sure that you don't order a DPDT ON-ON-ON switch as the center position connects the "kitty korner" contacts... (The first time I ran into one of those switches was 40 years ago when I was rewiring my Mustang and I simply could not understand why the switches weren't working right. )

Steve Ahola
                The Blue Guitar
                www.blueguitar.org
                Some recordings:
                https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Thanks ... I don't have the 1N5817 diode whats would be the best sub ? Bat 41 ?
                  Pretty much any Schottky rectifier will do. The schematic shows BAT41 as you suggest.

Comment

In the schematic D6 is 1N5817 .I guess i will socket D6 & use something in its place untill i get the correct diode .
                    I have a whole bunch of different diodes but no 1N5817

Comment

In the schematic D6 is 1N5817 .I guess i will socket D6 & use something in its place untill i get the correct diode .
                      I have a whole bunch of different diodes but no 1N5817
                      The 1N5817 off the battery is for reversed polarity protection. A BAT41 will work just fine as it's rated for 100mA and this doesn't use anything near that, or you could bypass it altogether. It's really only of great value if you use a power supply rather than a battery.

Comment

Thanks for the help i will go with the bat41 if it's going to be ok as I'm only using a power supply to run the pedal No battery .

Comment

Working...
                        X