No announcement yet.

Overheating Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't hurt to lubricate the fan while your in there too. I do this stuff all the time and it works 99% of the time to quiet down a noisy fan.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

From your description, ("spun it with a small screwdriver till it seemed loose") it sounds like it was seized?
      If so, even more reason to try and get some lube in there as DrGonz mentioned.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
        Absence of "spare" parts is usually a good sign!
        That reminds me of a furnace service call I did when I was working in-house for a home warranty company about 30 years ago. The customer was convinced that we did substandard work and intended to prove it. He stood next to me with his arms crossed as I worked on the furnace, taking it apart and then reassembling it.

When I was finished he lifted up his foot and said "what about this screw?" I reached into my tool bag and showed him a small Rubbermaid container with an assortment of sheet metal screws that I use to replace any missing screws.

What a jerk!

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        From your description, ("spun it with a small screwdriver till it seemed loose") it sounds like it was seized?
        If so, even more reason to try and get some lube in there as DrGonz mentioned.
        With small motors like that you need to use a very fine lubricant... 3-in1 oil just won't do! For something like that I'd probably use DeOxit Gold since I have it around.

Steve Ahola
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Working...
        X