Pedal Kit Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Kit Question...

My Tone Box EQ pedal kit arrived in less than a week from Japan, which is pretty quick if you ask me. Now I knew going in that the kit instructions were in Japanese, but I figured I'd be able to suss them out enough to assemble the kit. Man... Was I ever wrong!! The instructions are kinda minimal to begin with, & there's no way I'm gonna be able to put this thing together using them. When I showed the kit to my wife, we just fell on the floor laughing!! She knows that me putting a kit together is somewhat of a stretch to begin with, much less with unreadable instructions.

So... Does anyone at here know how to translate Japanese to English, & wouldn't mind taking the time to translate these kit instructions for me? (I realize that this is a real long shot, but hey, you never know. LOL!)

Tone Box kit link:
    http://www.kandr.dyndns.org/product/kits/tonebox.html

Last edited by tboy; 09-22-2007, 07:45 PM. Reason: vbcode cleanup
    sigpic

looks pretty simple even if you can't read any japanese since all the part locations have a designation (diagram on right top) and the values are denoted (list on left), wiring diagram is in colour and is colour coded. Maybe you are overthinking the difficulty since it's in an unfamiliar language. Keep trying, and if you have specific questions about the instructions I will tell you what it says. Just make sure you don't overheat parts, make sure the orientation is correct on some of them (diodes, opamp IC) and you'll probably be okay.

Comment

That looks like their typical manual. K & R have been posting interesting circuits for at least 6 years that I know of. The kit looks pretty complete and well thought-out. Kudos to you for taking a chance on ordering something from so far away.

You can probably help yourself out by printing out a large version of the picture of the board on the top right of page one and writing in the actual values of each component, using the table over on the left.

Aside from that, I suppose you could ask us here about any of the little "advisory notes" that are strewn around the document, if there is anything you're unclear about. I couldn't translate character one of Japanese, but I know enough to guess what the advisory is probably telling you. I imagine the hardest part of this will be the wiring from the board to the controls and chassis/switch.

Comment

Working...
      X