Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting thread with replies from Jeorge Tripps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting thread with replies from Jeorge Tripps...

Over at DIY Stomp Boxes someone was asking if Way Huge schematics were fair game for DIYers since at that time (2004) the company had been out of business for several years and the pedals were often selling used for $1000+.

Jeorge Tripps made some very interesting posts to the thread: he was not going to publish his schematics but people were welcome to reverse-engineer his designs... that was how he learned about pedals in the 90's, although with picking the brains of some of the experts.

Way Huge Schematics?

I’ve posted before about Way Huge Electronics schematics, but here it goes again.

I don’t give out Way Huge schematics, period (I never have and never will). That’s my choice. Just because Way Huge is not building pedals any more doesn’t mean that the information is not valuable and should be given out freely. Furthermore, I just don’t give out Way Huge Electronics intellectual property. Any Way Huge IP that has been given out was done under an NDA. Information isn’t always free. Now when some of you DIY’er go into business building pedals for a living you may change your mind about sharing all your knowledge and information.

However, I don’t have a problem with anyone reverse engineering a Way Huge pedal drawing a schematic and posting it. That is perfectly legal (I should know I have a lawyer in my house). I’m just not going to hand it to you on a platter. The Internet didn’t have all these helpful sites on pedal building and schematics when I started. I learned the old fashioned way. I reverse engineered pedals, I became friends with repair guys and techs that built pedals for large companies, and I read a lot of books!

Anyways, I have my reasons for not giving out Way Huge schematics and that’s that. I’m more than happy to help people with their DIY projects and I have many times in the past.

I’ve posted a number of highly prized schematics from my gigantic pedal schematic archive (Roland Phase 5, Jetphaser, TC Distortion, etc…)

Here’s a picture of the inside of an old Swollen Pickle. [Deleted]

Cheers,
    -Jeorge
    Steve Ahola
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/
Working...
X