Sunn Beta Lead Q6???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn Beta Lead Q6???

Trying to find Q6 on the power amp schematics on a Sunn Beta Lead as the socket us empty on this one.
    Don't know if it fell out or was never there!

on some have a TO220, this has broken line stenciling for a 220 but has a t092 socket.
    Amp works without it, and it isn't showing up on schematics.

Edit: actually amp sounds distorted and bad.
    Looks like it should be the pnp equivalent of Q7, BC107 there.

Cīmon Drewl, you know the drill, what schematic are we talking about?
    Please link to or upload it
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Whaaa, you don't have this stuff memorized? I don't.
      Kind of a pain to link stuff with phone, but anyway Q6 wasn't showing up on any of the schems I found.
      It should be Q16, a pnp as I mentioned.

Replaced it and it sounds great.

Comment

This is the best schematic that I have. It's actually for the Alpha Slave. The Alpha Slave is the same as the Beta series power amp except that the Beta series power amp schematic has the Beta Lead and Beta Bass footswitch schematics on the left side. The copy of the Beta power amp that I have is a very poor copy.
        Attached Files
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Q6 on the schematic is just left of Q7, Q8, and it is a limiter. The amp will work without it, like your car will work without a seatbelt or an air bag.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, this one should be labeled Q16, not Q6 as it is on the board.

It is the pnp driver for the output devices 2n5401 can or 2n4488 T0220 on some.

Comment

Working...
            X