Gibson Ga83s cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Ga83s cabinet

I just bought a messed up Gibson GA83S chassis (well, the pair-- preamp and power section.) It's an ultra rare amp, so there are not exactly off-the-shelf repro cabinets for sale.
    Does anyone have a resource for cabinet info? I've found photos (it's an oddball cabinet with 2X 8" speakers firing sideways and 1X12" forward facing) but I don't even know the exact outside dimensions, let alone cabinet construction details. I'm hoping that maybe the cabinet is the same as a more popular Gibson amp with the added side cutouts and baffles. Any help would be appreciated!

Octal, try the "Gibson tube amplifier users" group on facebook. Ben Prevo, Robert Chwaliszewski, Wally Marx Jr or Dave Piggott may be able to help. The GA83 Stereo is a damn nice amp and I hope you can get it restored.

Comment

Thanks! I will check out the Gibson tube amp group. I actually got the chassis up and running in two days; there was one really leaky coupling cap, although it needs a LOT of de-modding and restoration to be "right."

Comment

Working...
      X