Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a Bunch of 2n1015 transistors. What to do with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Bunch of 2n1015 transistors. What to do with them?

Any good guitar projects that can be made using the 2n1015?

They were probably used in old car radios as outputs, might be best to ebay'em.

Comment

I had to buy a bunch to fix an old Randall Amp. I just like to repurpose stuff. Not worth the effort to sell

Comment

ItŽs impossible they were used in any Randall amp, please reread the code and post a sharp readable closeup picture
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

There is the 2N1015 {nothing} with a 30V breakdown and the -A to -F with up to 300V breakdown. All carry a 150W rating. What exactly do you have?
          WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
          REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

2N1015.pdf2N1015.pdf

2N1015 transistor has a TO-82 outline.

That's one for the Gipper.
            Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 08-12-2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Oh man ! I'm sorry I meant 2sa1015. Too many numbers in my head I guess

Comment

Oh, those are small preamp type transistors, not much to them.
                You might make a Fuzz or simple treble booster.

Really, IŽd leave them in the spare parts drawer just in case someday they are needed; starting a project around them would be like building a car because you found a spare wheel in the garage.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Those are nice little PNP signal transistors, I like to think of them as complementing the 2SC1815, though how accurate that is I don't know offhand.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You guys know your stuff alright! I have some of those 2sc1815's also. This was what I was working on that needed them.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X