Premier B-160 Club bass amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier B-160 Club bass amplifier

Looking for the schematic for the Premier B-160 Club bass amplifier. This particular version is from 1963-64 and the tube lineup is
    6AB4 12AX7 6V6 6V6 5Y3. It looks completely untouched so i am taking it the 6AB4 is original.

Well, i ended up drawing it out the best i could. Downloaded express cad and kicad so still learning those. The few questions i have are.........it's a paraphase inverter correct? Probably going to switch the grid leak bias over to cathode bias (if it hates humbuckers or is microphonic)and i heard to find out the correct value measure the plate resistor voltage drop and then use the correct value which gives you the same drop.Click image for larger version

Name:	PREMIERB160.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	638.3 KB
ID:	843754

Comment

Couple mistakes. The cathode bypass in 12ax7 is 125uf/25v. 2000pf on output needs to be there or it oscillates. 5000pf on input needs to be there or it oscillates when bass is all the way down and treble and volume is all the way up. Will update schematic with voltages once i have it working 100%.

Comment

I have a schematic for the B-160. Being an owner of 3. 2 that have ef86 circuit, and the later version with the 6AB4 instead(which isn’t even close to as real deal as the original ef86 b-160’s. Let me dig it up, only happen to find on eBay when someone was selling one. Because I did like you and search the whole net and came up empty.

Comment

Thanks.
          Post it when you find it.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Not allowing me to attach photo. Don’t do these ever. I was looking for info on the none ef86 B-160 , and came across your plight for schematic. So I’m trying to do my good deed for another gear head. Any clue tonme as to how to post tHe pic. Lmk

Comment

Edit. Duplicate

Cabinet basically fell apart, still have it, rehoused in a deluxe cabinet, fit almost perfect.
              Last edited by mozz; 11-19-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Electronicjernt View Post
                Not allowing me to attach photo. Don’t do these ever. I was looking for info on the none ef86 B-160 , and came across your plight for schematic. So I’m trying to do my good deed for another gear head. Any clue tonme as to how to post tHe pic. Lmk
                Is this it the same as yours

Premier_B160_Bassamp.pdf ?
                Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Been 2 years and the amp is now buried behind a few more acquisitions, i think i converted it from the grid leak to cathode bias. Yes, post the 6ab4 schematic if you have it. Many Premiers have many versions, same as Gibson's and Ampegs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sort it’s been so long. Stacks of work overtook all...
                    Premier B-160 Club Bassamp

Comment

Did you mean to attach the schematic?
                      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by Electronicjernt View Post
                        Sort it’s been so long. Stacks of work overtook all...
                        Premier B-160 Club Bassamp
                        Can´t see the schematic or picture, what kind of file is it?.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                        X