Lissajous – audio and visual software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lissajous – audio and visual software

Just got this software from Audiobulb - amazing new audio visual software generator.

Lissajous - software module & M4L

Does anyone else use it? Looks really good.

The web page says…

Lissajous is a complex audio/video signal generator built in Max/MSP and inspired by the work of Jules Antoine Lissajous.

The media project is born with the purpose of investigating the relationship between sound and vision, chaos and order, closely related to astronomy, mathematics & physics. It explores the field of harmony and disorder and let the user dip into an elegant, dreamlike, minimalistic yet chaotic space which reflects the complex rules of the universe in all its abstract beauty.

The software shows sound oscillations as XY matrix functions and creates complex

Lissajous? I do it the old-fashioned way

Lissajous? I do it the old-fashioned way -- two signal generators and a scope.

BTW, your post looks suspiciously like software spam.
    Last edited by tboy; 08-28-2016, 08:59 PM. Reason: Inadvertently removed attachments
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
      BTW, your post looks suspiciously like software spam.
      I'm a thinkin' that you're not suspicious enough, Bob
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by redsoundxx View Post
        Lissajous is a complex audio/video signal generator built in Max/MSP and inspired by the work of Jules Antoine Lissajous.
        The media project is born with the purpose of investigating the relationship between sound and vision, chaos and order, closely related to astronomy, mathematics & physics. It explores the field of harmony and disorder and let the user dip into an elegant, dreamlike, minimalistic yet chaotic space which reflects the complex rules of the universe in all its abstract beauty.
        The software shows sound oscillations as XY matrix functions and creates complex
        Sounds fantastic! We have been waiting for someone like this to finally come along and take on an industry dominated by these giants:

I don't know though, investigating "Chaos and order, closely related to astronomy, mathematics & physics" AND letting "the user dip into an elegant, dreamlike, minimalistic yet chaotic space" all sounds very advanced.
        I just hope that as a mac user, they make it simple enough for me to understand.
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
          X