Markbass little tube 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markbass little tube 800

I turned on Markbass little tube 800 and I heard a pop. Now it wont power on. I was told there was a fuse in the ac cord but it appears I don't have the original cable. I hope it did not fry something. Is there a reset button? Thoughts?

F Mooney

Originally posted by fmooney10 View Post
    I was told there was a fuse in the ac cord but it appears I don't have the original cable.
    Who told you this? I never heard of a fuse in the AC cord. If you look at the rear of the amp (or read the user manual) you will see that there is a fuse in AC receptacle (which is not AC cord) in this amp. Just open it and see whether the problem is with the fuse.

Mark

Comment

Here is a pic showing the fuse holder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	484168000000000_IMAGE_03.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	843423

Comment

Jazz P Paul thanks for your help. Can you now tell me where to get extra fuses? Are they 8A125v or8A250v?

Thanks again F Mooney

Comment

Is the fuse bad?

If an 8 amp fuse popped, something is wrong with the amp.

Putting in another fuse will only cause more stress to the amp.

Comment

Hi Markus
            In the UK (not where im from) the mains plugs often have an inbuilt 13A fuse
            | RS Pro BS 1363, 13A UK Plug, Cable Mount, 250 V ac |
            i know this doesnt help the OP

to the OP, These amps have a switch mode power supply, direct from the 230V or 115V mains supply, there are very high voltages inside which can kill you. If you are not familiar working with this sort of thing, please don't attempt to repair it, i would take it to a service agent, or return the unit if it is still under warranty

Comment

Originally posted by mozwell View Post
              In the UK (not where im from) the mains plugs often have an inbuilt 13A fuse
              | RS Pro BS 1363, 13A UK Plug, Cable Mount, 250 V ac |
              Thanks for the info - I forgot about it. But, is the OP from UK? I don't see any location specified in his profile.

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X