Lessona 102 Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessona 102 Arrived!

It works! After $650.00+ in shipping for a $500.00 machine I finally have my Leesona 102 winder that I bought on Ebay in hand. After carefully looking it over I fired it up and it runs! The variable speed traverse works like a charm. Although it is very dirty and oily it is mechanically well maintained. The only problem is that the tensioners need to be cleaned and oiled and the bobbin rotation needs to be reversed by flipping some gears. Also only one of the three counters is working properly. I think I am going to just replace all of them with programmable digital counters that will trip the solenoid that stops each bobbin. Also the solenoids may need to be rebuilt. Also one wire guide bearing is shot. Plus I need to have chucks machined for humbucker bobbins. Okay it is less that perfect but it is all there and beyond some basic maintenance and upgrades I think it is going to deliver the PAF winding specifications big time. I can tell there is going to be a bit of a learning curve with adjusting the tension and wire guides. I think both of these adjustments are part of getting winding specs. of a PAF right. Also contrary to conventional wisdom this machine was made to do nothing but wind coil wire. Back to my big oil dripping machine. Man this is going to be fun!
    They don't make them like they used to... We do.
    www.throbak.com
    Vintage PAF Pickups Website

cool,

look forward to hearing your progress....and ultimately a pickup wound on the machine.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

This thread is worthless without pics

Comment

Oh yes the pics. Checked the solenoids and they work.

They don't make them like they used to... We do.
        www.throbak.com
        Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

Wow... that's a winder!
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            Wow... that's a winder!
            And some!!!

Comment

Working...
            X