Here's some pics of my new winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's some pics of my new winder

Well, decided to add an Tanac AX-3 to the shop. Still figuring it out and don't have the tensioner setup yet. Also have to get a new faceplate machined for it. The current faceplate i'm using won't work with the mandrel system on the ax3.

Pics are HUGE, I'll try and crop them down if I get any time today.

AX-3

Very nice, congratulations.

If you use XP, one of their powertoys will let you select and resize a number of pictures with a right click - works well:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Comment

I'm wondering, how much does such a winder costs?

Bye.

Max.

Comment

A little over 8k depending on accessories.

Comment

Tanac sticker shock...

8K for one winder? Ouch, I outfitted my whole pickup shop for less than 1K.

I'm serious now, I want to know...
          What can this winder do that a cheaper one can't? Is this one more accurate, faster, or what? I don't know enough about this winder to make a decision.

Thank you,
          Ken
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

I would guess it's pretty much automatic.... load a bobbin and start your wire and go!

If you were winding all day this could save time. It doesn't take me long to wind a coil, but I wish my winder had an auto stop feature when you hit a certain set number of winds. I think I'm going to explore this modification.

This is probably overkill for pickup coils... other types of coils can have very elaborate winding patterns.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by R Walker View Post
              A little over 8k depending on accessories.
              Ouch!

Comment

Ouch is right... I'm broke just thinking about it.

I guess it may be worth it if it could be set for 'set and forget' operation, but I still like to wind all my own coils.

Ken
                www.angeltone.com

Comment

Working...
                X