Wurlitzer 700 Electric Piano - testing amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wurlitzer 700 Electric Piano - testing amp

I didn't know if this should be here or Amplification but I think I'm in the right place.

I bought a Wurlitzer 700 EP from Goodwill for $20. The amp looks pretty crusty and is missing both of the 6V6 tubes and the single 5Y3. Is there a way for me to test the function of amp before I buy those tubes? I am a novice at this but thought I'd dive in since I only risked $20.

Any and all help appreciated.

DWM

All you can do is power it and see what voltages appear on the sockets. There is no way to assess how it will pass signal or sound without the tubes installed.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

OK, should I be checking voltages at the control plug/cable socket or at the tube sockets? As I said, I'm fairly new at this, so I have part of the service manual. Would the expected voltages be in the schematic(s) in the manual?

Comment

Maybe , but many of them will be out of whack because tubes are not there.

Even worse: 5Y3 is the rectifier, so without it you will NOT have DC voltages to measure.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X