No announcement yet.

Rumble 100 SMPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I found the +/-16v rails on the reverse side of the pcb. They run right up the middle of the backside. They enter the top of the board near each IC through micro thru plated eyelets. I started by cutting one of the rails splitting the preamp board into 2 somewhat even sections. This helped alot. I continued dividing things up with my exacto blade until I found that U10 and only U10 was a dead short. Lifted one leg of a pcb mount pot to get in there and quick chip the TL074 out of there.

Waiting for Mouser to arrive. Here's a shot of the back of the preamp pcb. You can see the +/-16 traces run the length of the board. Grnd-O is the center trace. Can see where I cut a few spots.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lowell View Post
      Well I found the +/-16v rails on the reverse side of the pcb. They run right up the middle of the backside. They enter the top of the board near each IC through micro thru plated eyelets. I started by cutting one of the rails splitting the preamp board into 2 somewhat even sections. This helped alot. I continued dividing things up with my exacto blade until I found that U10 and only U10 was a dead short. Lifted one leg of a pcb mount pot to get in there and quick chip the TL074 out of there.

Waiting for Mouser to arrive. Here's a shot of the back of the preamp pcb. You can see the +/-16 traces run the length of the board. Grnd-O is the center trace. Can see where I cut a few spots.
      Good job!
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Thanks...forgot to mention I was using the larger dual bench supply for an hour or so to monitor heat. Nothing was revealing itself... so I changed the approach.

Comment

Working...
        X