Cool pedals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool pedals!

Rather than start a new thread for every cool pedal we find here is one thread devoted to all of the ones that we would like to share with fellow members.

Steve Ahola

P.S. No bragging here about killer deals you found on hard-to-find obsolete pedals... just ones still in production or well-represented on the used market (like eBay, Reverb•com or CL.)
    Last edited by Steve A.; 09-10-2016, 01:11 AM.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

ROWIN LEF-315 Dumbler

If you have always wanted a Zendrive but couldn't afford to pay ~$245 for a licensed copy built by Lovepedal check out the Rowin LEF-315 Dumbler clone from China for less than1/6th of that price.

My blind friend Felix called from a music store the other day to tell me about this really cool pedal he just bought for $50. He has ears of gold and when he recommends something I pay attention. They had another one in stock so I called them up to pay for it and have them give it Felix (he was coming out this way anyway.)

With 4 knobs and one of them is labelled "Voice" my first thought was that it was a Zendrive clone. Yep, that is exactly what it is. Felix compared his to his ZD and they were damn close. I compared mine to my Jetter Red Square and it was even better (the Jetter lacks the 4th Voice control for fine-tuning the tone but adds a cool Marshall Plexi mode and is a dual pedal that drives a Jetter Helium. Still a keeper but it is a large and heavy pedal.) The Dumbler is a tiny pedal which runs off a power supply- no room for a battery!)

I really liked the clean sounds with the Gain set around 9:00 and the dirtier sound with it set slightly past noon so I decided to search around for a second one. The list price is around $70 but I found a seller on eBay with several in stock asking $39.99 with a Make Offer button. I offered $36 which he accepted so I have another one on the way!

Here is a link to his listing which I will delete when they are gone (there is a link to the ebay search for "rowin 315 dumbler" posted above my name.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rowin-Dumble...-/381764304656

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...mbler&_sacat=0

Steve Ahola

P.S. I do not consider this to be a Dumble amp simulator (like the Ethos) as the Robben Ford Zendrive sound is only one of many really cool sounds produced by a Dumble, although certainly one of the most memorable.
    Last edited by Steve A.; 09-10-2016, 01:07 AM.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:

Comment

Not a clone of anything that I'm aware of, but I picked up a Muza FD-900 earlier this year. This is a remarkably powerful pedal for the money with 10 delay modes, 4 presets, tap tempo, and the option for a 12-second looper. But wait, there's more! In the same pedal is an 11-mode reverb section that can be used on its own or in tandem with the delay. Just a whole lotta stuff in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
        Not a clone of anything that I'm aware of, but I picked up a Muza FD-900 earlier this year. This is a remarkably powerful pedal for the money with 10 delay modes, 4 presets, tap tempo, and the option for a 12-second looper. But wait, there's more! In the same pedal is an 11-mode reverb section that can be used on its own or in tandem with the delay. Just a whole lotta stuff in there.
        Here is a link to it at Amazon for $86.88 and free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/MUZA-FD900-RE.../dp/B001NW9AQY

Funny that the first review compares it in concept to the Boss RV-3 which I picked up a few years ago because of high recommendations over at the Steel Guitar Forum for a single pedal that handles both reverb and delay for a pedal steel. (Incidentally the latest addition to the RV line has added back the delay functions.)

Wish I would have known about this earlier this year when I paid $200+ on Reverb.com for the TC Electronics T2 Reverb and Alter Ego V2 pedals with the special presets from the ProGuitarShop... (I have to pay the devil his due as the PayPal Credit 6 months same as cash financing expires next month!)

Although not exactly clear in the listing each of the 4 knobs has 2 functions. The outer/lower knobs in the two outside controls select the Mode for the reverb and delay sections. (Does one of the modes turn off that section?)

Thanks for telling us about this pedal!

Steve Ahola

P.S. I saw your review over at NOPD... can you post a link to the manual or upload it here? Only link I found didn't work... BTW are the presets saved after powering it down (unlike their FD800 modulation pedal)?

P.P.S. Unlike many of the high current draw digital pedals the FD900 comes with its own AC adapter! To hell with the user reviewer on Amazon who gave it 1 star because it emitted a 130dB+ screech when the battery went dead during a show... "Of course, the noise level depends on how loud your amp is, but the volume I use is not unusual for a rock band." Not unusual for a rock band can be hella loud!
        Last edited by Steve A.; 09-11-2016, 05:22 PM.
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:

Comment

"Bypass" for either delay or reverb individually is achieved by simply dialing down Level, regardless of Mode selected. Level controls are for wet/dry balance.

Access to presets and tap tempo are a function of how you boot up. Presets are preserved after powering down AFAIR, although I'll have to check if that depends on having a battery or not.

The preset buttons light up and also serve as time markers in the looper mode.

I'll have to dig for the manual file. Send me a PM and I can send you the file.

P.S. I got mine used for $60Cdn.

Comment

Hey Steve, thanks for the heads up about this pedal and the eBay link. It looks like I just purchased the last one for sale at that link.

I checked out a YouTube demo of it and liked what I heard. For $39.99 I can afford to be disappointed if it doesn't live up to my expectations.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cbarrow7625 View Post
              Hey Steve, thanks for the heads up about this pedal and the eBay link.* It looks like I just purchased the last one for sale at that link.*

I checked out a YouTube demo of it and liked what I heard.* For $39.99 I can afford to be disappointed if it doesn't live up to my expectations.

Chris
              Glad to hear that another MEF-er got in on that great deal! There are so many Asian pedals out there that it is hard to figure out which ones are the real thing and which ones are just another boring pedal that might get a few good tones but that's it.

Apparently the Rowin pedal is a clone of the Mooer Rumble Drive (the salesman at Bananas mentioned that, too.)

Small and cheap Dumble pedals? Hotone Grass vs Tomsline/Rowin Dumbler? | The Gear Page

The Dumble Legend: 6 Boxes That Get it Right | Tone Report

Bananas at Large is selling the Dumbler for $50 plus tax and $11.84 s/h... 415-457-7600

Steve Ahola

P.S. One post in the TGP discussion mentioned the Joyo Tai Chi pedal I recommended here previously...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VJP495C

Now going for $33.39 - free shipping with Amazon Prime (also for any AP orders over $49... I think!). I noted similarities to the similarly-named Zendrive pedal. It has a smoother more compressed sound with less dynamics. Kinda like a Zendrive in a velvet glove, and it is capable of more gain and more volume. A heck of a deal for under $34...
              The Blue Guitar
              www.blueguitar.org
              Some recordings:

Comment

Working...
              X