Problem with Fender Deluxe 65 vibrato channel volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Fender Deluxe 65 vibrato channel volume

Ive been poking around but couldn't find any threads with this specific problem. On channel two, with the volume knob on 1-2, the output volume is only a bit quieter than channel one. It gets a little louder around 3-4, and then plateaus until 9-10, where there is no output.

I did try replacing the pre amp tubes, haven't tried the power tubes yet though. I'm not knowledgeable and would rather not go poking around with guidance.

Also, this may or not be related, but there is a high pitched squeal that comes and goes sporadically. Taping the vib button on the foot switch makes it fade out, temporarily at least.

I can give more details. Any advice is appreciated.

It's likely a bad volume potentiometer. Most people call the amp a Deluxe Reverb Reissue (DRRI). A local repair center should be able to replace it easily.

Comment

Welcome to the place.

What you describe sounds like an perfect example of parasitic oscillation. The amp is oscillating at a very high frequency, most of which the amp can't reproduce and most of which you can't hear. It is often caused by a bad ground or an input wire being too close to and output wire.

Is this an old one or a reissue?

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

As Richard suggested, yes my amp is the reissue. If the problem for the squealing is as simple as wire position, would that be something I could fix on my own?

Comment

Working...
        X