Help. Utterly confused by 3 way toggle situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. Utterly confused by 3 way toggle situation

I have this Douglas les paul style that had a broken 3 way toggle, so i stole one from a super cheapy epiphone, and I know those switches don't have a good reputation but i'm pretty sure this one is working fine, because I checked it with my multimeter for continuity and it seemed to work how it should. also from a glance the connections seem to be making contact when they need to be. Before I get too long winded let me describe the problem: in the bridge setting, the pickup works as it should, in the neck setting I hear nothing even when wiggling wires around a bit, yet in the center position I have full control over both pickups and I can hear that the neck pickup is working fine. I believe the previous toggle worked fine before it snapped off. So I'm wondering, have I wired something up wrong here. There is are blue,black,and red wires that come up to the toggle and i'm pretty sure the black one is the output, it's hard to follow back into the pot section because of the stupid non-color coordination. is it possible that i'm using the wrong wire as the output wire on the 3 way. or is the pickup not wired correctly perhaps, because the volume knobs weren't tightened down enough. Please and thankyou for your help!

The pots should be in between the pickups and the switch, the output from the switch should be connected directly to the output. I'm guessing you have the bridge and output wires reversed on the switch.

Comment

Working...
    X