Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 Twin Rev Ticking in Reverb Circuit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 Twin Rev Ticking in Reverb Circuit???

I've found plenty of info here on ticking in vibrato circuit, but not in the reverb circuit. At least that's where I think its coming from. Here's the symptoms:

Steady tick at about 1 tick every 3/4 of a second. Not effected by vibrato speed or intensity pot adjustments. Goes silent when amp is put into standby mode. Adjusting reverb level increased tick volume higher as reverb is turned up. Can turn reverb setting to zero and ticking goes away. Any ideas where to start on this one? Thx.

Could it be something external? Reverb tanks make great antennas.
    Does it happen in other locations? Have you tried replacing both tubes associated with the reverb?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The reverb controls the level of the tick, OK, but is the tick sound reverberated? Or is it a clean dry tick just controlled by the reverb control level?

Without waiting for that answer, what happens to the tick if you remove the reverb drive tube - the 12AT7 that drives the little transformer?

Does the reverb work? Makes reverb sound?

Agree with G1, does it still do this at someone else's house?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the great responses folks. The amp is at rehearsal space. It was ticking on Sunday past. I have not been back to use it since. I will bring the amp home this Sunday, and try more troubleshooting as suggested. Then report my findings.
        Much appreciate your help. Keith.

Comment

Working...
        X