Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about using relays for foot s/w

Hello

I got this homemade amp 15watt head that somebody has asked me to fit a few foot s/w mods. He didn't make it.
    It's got a couple of simple switches for gain and tone boost which are not switch able via foot switch at present

The power has no low voltage out

I can see what i have to do to get the foot switch in there. I was going to use 2 relays. But the voltage i need to work the relays

Can i use the heater rails ( on this amp all ac) and make a DC supply without making any issues or could i use HT

Any other idea's. ??

There is room on the chassis to fit a small tx for the supply voltage

Maybe a 4064 ic?

Comment

thanks i will look at the spec sheet. Without fitting a another low voltage tx. can i use the existing voltage supplys from the heaters etc without causing noise or issues
      bassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman1965 View Post
        thanks i will look at the spec sheet. Without fitting a another low voltage tx. can i use the existing voltage supplys from the heaters etc without causing noise or issues
        bassman
        Piggy-backing on the heaters will load the winding down. How much? If you find a spec sheet for the PT, you could do some figuring; or try it and see. I played with DC heaters on a build, but the AC voltage got loaded down too far, and I had to abandon that scheme. Noise could be an issue. Same rules with soft/fast diodes and good filtering apply as to HV windings. Grounding could also be an issue. You may have to modify the existing AC ground reference to accommodate the DC circuit.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

So I guess the simplest way is to put a small tx in to create low voltages. Thanks for the info bassman

Comment

Working...
          X