MSU Surplus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Surplus

MAde a few trips to the MSU surplus facility in East LAnsing, MI. They have like three nice little Yamaha mixers, a stack of TOA PA amps, just the thing for a restaurant install or similar. A couple large PV speakers asking too much for, but that will come down after they sit a couple weeks. One looks like a big 2x15 bass cab. The other I forget.

They also have a number of various pieces of lab gear sitting too long and the prices are plummeting. Nice metal housings with a lot of great knobs and jacks and binding posts, and some with big needle meters.

Always fun to wander through there.

They often have a free box too. Today I grabbed a few lanyards. I have no idea what for, but next time I want to hang something around my neck, I have it covered.

Last week they had a large canvas laundry tub - you know the thing full of laundry that the bad guys hide in while someone wheels them out of a crime scene - full of free belt packs ("fanny packs"). I grabbed a pile of them, and now they are prizes at bingo in our old folks home. They can wear them around the waist, or they can strap them to their walkers. Half the people in the home use walkers.

So you folks near MSU or near most large universities, I recommend wandering through their respective surplus/salvage facilities. Never know what you wil find.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.
Working...
X