X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifing the input jack of my amp for replacement

Hello guys.
    I have an Ibanez TBX15R amplifier.
    I had the guitar's output cable attached to my aplifier. Then, an object fell on the

edge of the cable (where it was inserting to the amplifier) and broke the

amplifier's input jack.

I opened up the amplifier and the input jack was OK electrically. It works fine. But

what broke was the plastic thread that exits the amplifier.
    Therefore, i cannot connect a guitar cable to my amplifier, as the input jack is not

in place, aligned with the hole in the amplifier, but it is somewhere inside.

I applied super glue as a temporary solution and it worked for a while but it broke

again as expected.

Finally, i decided to replace the input jack. I opened the amplifier again, and i

saw that this particular input jack has 6 pins. I went to electronics stores and

told me that there are 4 pins, the other 2 pins are for the metal base. Though i

doubt that, because all the pins are in electrically conductive areas in the PCB.

This is the picture of the back of the PCB of the input jack. Click image for larger version

Name:	14269882_10209616791924087_1845041610_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	870941

Does anyone know what input jack this particular amplifier uses, and where i can buy

one?

This is a picture of the input jack of my aplifier. Click image for larger version

Name:	14218147_10209616791684081_1747266411_n.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	870942
    Click image for larger version

Name:	14218156_10209616791804084_1796043475_n.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	870943

The only documents i found online about my aplifier state, '1/4" phone jack input'

(Source (page 12), http://www.ibanez.com/world/manual/amp/TBX.pdf)

Thanks a lot!

The store was correct. The metal piece with 2 pins is separate and you should be able to reuse it. When you remove the jack from the board it will be more clear to see.
    Did the store have a 4 pin jack like that?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes, but the dimentions weren't right.
      The problem is fiding the exact jack, with the right dimentions, so i can solder it...
      Anyone knows how i'll do that?

Comment

Is it like this one? You will have to check the measurements against the spec in the pdf

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...O%2fwbvt5U8f4=
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That is a common "Cliff style" jack. Cliff makes them, as do Neutrik and Rean, and I am sure others.

Switchcraft makes some that LOOK similar but do indeed have different spacing on the pins.

I don't know where in the world you are located, but in the USA, they are easy to find, for example:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...mount-marshall

The Mouser part g1 linked is the same, and less expensive there.

Sometimes you might find the similar jack but it has the center contacts in oplace. we call that a TRS jack, some call them stereo jacks. If you can find those but not the four legged ones, you can still use them. All you need to do it clip off the two center pins and install it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X