Thermal compound, grease, heat sink paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal compound, grease, heat sink paste

Need some general purpose thermal grease for transistors, voltage regulators, and the occasional computational engine. What's good, but in small quantities?

Top of Amazon's brain is something like: https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver.../dp/B000OGX5AM
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Arctic Silver makes several products. I am not sure how something that is 99% silver can be non-conductive electrically.

ANy electronic supplier you use, like Mouser or Digikey will have silicone thermal heatsink grease. Thermal compound, thermal grease, various similar names for it. Heat sink compound. I use GC brand, but that is because that is what my local electronics parts store carries. Mouser sells Chemtronics. Jameco sells GC:

heat grease | Jameco Electronics

I used "heat grease" as my search term.
    Digi sells Chemtronics and MG.

Even Radio Shack used to carry it, maybe still does. If you have a local electronics parts store near you, they likely have it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Also MCM Electronics, even Fry's.... Heat sink compound. The white stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        I am not sure how something that is 99% silver can be non-conductive electrically.
        The trick there is that they state that whatever amount of silver in there is 99.9% pure.
        But I do agree, I don't want anything conductive whatsoever in heatsink paste, no matter how little there is of it.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The last time I bought some it was from Radio Shack. A .25 oz tube for $2.00. Part #276-1372. Silicone and zinc oxide.
          It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

g1, right again, I did not read carefully. It is made from 99.9% pure silver, it isn't itself 99% silver.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X