Kustom K200B-4 amp head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom K200B-4 amp head

I am new to this site so just wanting to know if anyone knows where I can get info on my Kustom K200B-4 amp head. Need owners manual for it and it appears to be a 1968 also is there a way to modify it to use both sides at the same time with another speaker set ? I also need a wiring diagram so I can probably do it myself.

Have you tried contacting Kustom directly?

They have always helped me in the past.

https://www.kustom.com/

Comment

Well I tried to get on there web site and look it up but they don't keep very good records and searched for info but it just came up blank !!

Comment

The Kustom of today has no relation to the Kustom of 40 years ago, other than they bought the rights to use the name. So the files on the current web site are for the modern era gear. I would be surprised if they had ANY files from the old company. Unless they went out and collected them to be nice.

But I found this quickly:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqIH5sJmTY

What information do you need from an owner's manual? Like most amps, the controls all should be intuitive.

As to using "both sides", if you want to play through both preamp channels at the same time, use a Y cord and feed both inputs. As to adding speakers, um... there is only one power amp of 100 watts. There are already two speaker jacks. You can connect two speakers as long as you don;t exceed the load impedance. If you are thinking you can play one preamp channel out one set of speakers, and the other channel out different speakers, that won;t happen.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Montey,
          You can find the schematics at Welcome to VintageKustom.Com!
          See the Technical tab.
          Cheers,
          Tom

Comment

I will check out the leads y'all have provided and see how much information I can get on this amp as for an owners manual it would be nice to have an original just to go along with it. Yes I understand that the controls function the same as other amps and assume the foot switch plugs turn on and off reverb. It came with the factory covers for amp and speaker which appears to be two either 13 or 15 and it is in great condition due to the covers no nicks or tears in the black tuck & roll and has a bit of history to it since it was used by Don Henley and the Eagles several years ago and I just want to make sure it will do everything as good as it did new !! Thanks for the input!!! Just looked and yes I watched the YouTube on the K200 with the blue sparkl tuck and roll last week but thanks again !!
            Last edited by Montey; 09-26-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Montey....Welcome to the forum......

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                Hi Montey....Welcome to the forum......
                Thanks guys I am working off an iPhone so it hard to see stuff like I should so if I screw up let me know I want to thank everyone for the welcome and info I have never had a Kustom amp before and it's nice to get one in this condition and its history. I will figure out how to post pics of it and see what everyone thinks about it soon ? Thanks again, Montey

Comment

Working...
                X