Cool guitars (and guitar parts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool guitars (and guitar parts)

Rather than start a new thread for every cool guitar (or guitar part) we run across is one thread devoted to all of the ones that we would like to share with fellow members.

Steve Ahola
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

My initial post was going to be the 2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio T's retailing for $799 and $899 but I ran into a great clearance item over at StewMac: the Mighty Mite US Retrofit Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge for $12.47 (#10185-C):

Mighty Mite US Retro-fit Nashville Tune-o-matic Bridge | stewmac.com

My friend Felix always replaces the bridges on his Gibson Les Pauls with a Gibson Nashville Tune-o-matic which costs at least $40. He thinks that the notches are cut too deep which robs tone and sustain, plus he likes to set the notches according to the location of the pole pieces.

I've been happy with the stock bridges on my $800 or less Gibson LP's from 2013 through 2016 but I decided to try out the $12.47 Mighty Mite bridges on clearance (they normally sell for $24.95.) Wow... they really make a difference! They are a little heavier than the stock bridge- it seems like the metal used might be more resilient. I was getting tones and harmonics that I wasn't getting with the stock bridge.

They come with new studs and bushings but the spinners reportedly fit the threads of all of the Gibson Nashville bushings. (Fact check?)

Here are some screenshots from the StewMac site showing the dimensions of the USA and import T-O-M bridges:

%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%

Steve Ahola
    Attached Files
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Offset tele + Bigsby = perfect blend of instrument and machine
      Attached Files
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
      X