Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for Ric pickup covers made from Nickel Silver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understood how someone could like playing one.
    As of now they dont have the hi gain type trademarked.

Comment

Just a follow up on this. I didn't locate any nickel silver covers. But a huge shout out and thank you to Mr Fab, who helped me out with some Firebird bobbins and magnets, and some great winding advice. I have wound the new pups, and have them installed into the Chinese plated brass toaster covers on my Ric. Very happy with the sounds, much better for my uses than the stock Ric pups.

Thanks Mr Fab

Comment

Because toaster covers have the two slots, them being made from brass shouldn't matter. The slots will break up eddy currents.

I have some Asian toaster covers and they aren't brass, but if you scrape the plating you will see copper, which is common under chrome.

I replaced the pickups in my Ricks a long time ago. But the main problem on current Ric pickup is the rubber magnets are too weak, and the coils are over wound. I've rewound some and replaced the magnets with neos, and they sound great, assuming you want single coils. I never use single coils for anything.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Caution- they do have the toaster trademarked and I have seen the paperwork. The mark consists of the two slots in the face of the metal cover.

Comment

Working...
          X