No announcement yet.

Voodoo labs pedal power 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything's good, 9.35V in all outlets. Mine is 120VAC.

I jumped the tap in the transformer, where the thermal fuse was connected, and added the fast blow fuse to the mains.

What fuse would be good for 120VAC? for the moment I put the 1A.

Comment

Originally posted by spunko View Post
      Everything's good, 9.35V in all outlets. Mine is 120VAC.

I jumped the tap in the transformer, where the thermal fuse was connected, and added the fast blow fuse to the mains.

What fuse would be good for 120VAC? for the moment I put the 1A.
      You were luckier than my client. To Voodoo Labs' credit, he did play it for a while at 220V before it blew up.

To try to protect the circuit you can use a 250mA fuse. It's twice the maximum continuous current. I don't know if the transformer inrush will blow it though.

If you just want to avoid a fire you can use a 500mA.
      Valvulados

Comment

try a slow blow,inrush current can easily blow the fast one.

Comment

Hi, guys.

I also put my 120v PP2 on 220v. As I opened it , following Jmaf's hint, it seems that 3 wires broke from some where I don't know (white wires numbered 1, 2 and 3).

I think cable 1 came from L coil and cable 2 came from R coil, but I'm not shure. Have no idea about where the cable 3 should be connected.

Can I bypass the damaged fuse in order to test if the PP2 is still good?

Jmaf,vc é de Brasilia? Sou de BH e tô na rolha sem fonte de pedal pra esses shows defim de ano. Se puder, por favor, dá uma força!

Last edited by Kiari; 12-09-2019, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Olá, jmaf. Vc tem instagram ou face? To precisando de uma ajudacom minha Voodoo Lab PP2.

Comment

Working...
            X