No announcement yet.

By popular demand, and because....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Like I said, I design around that sort of thing now. I did experience enough of that "crap shoot" anomalous tone thing early on though. The way I lay out my amps now it almost can't happen at all. So "I" control what happens with the circuit. Some might argue that the very best tones are the result of anomalous circumstance. Maybe. I do pretty well avoiding it now The circuit I build most has been in several different size chassis, a couple of different wattage configurations and some differences in resistor type and capacitor dielectric. They all sound predictable to the design and pretty much the same in all the ways that count. I'd recommend following some of the outlined ideology for any future builds. It takes some of the "mojo" out of the picture, and it's for the best.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      Well, Like I said, I design around that sort of thing now. I did experience enough of that "crap shoot" anomalous tone thing early on though. The way I lay out my amps now it almost can't happen at all. So "I" control what happens with the circuit. Some might argue that the very best tones are the result of anomalous circumstance. Maybe. I do pretty well avoiding it now The circuit I build most has been in several different size chassis, a couple of different wattage configurations and some differences in resistor type and capacitor dielectric. They all sound predictable to the design and pretty much the same in all the ways that count. I'd recommend following some of the outlined ideology for any future builds. It takes some of the "mojo" out of the picture, and it's for the best.
      There aren't likely to be any future builds. I just need one good amp and i don't build for others like you so no reason too. Not to mention at my age i'm not likely to be playing a hell of a lot longer due to some physical issue like arthritis or death. besides, as good as it sounds now thanks to whatever mojo playing around with leads caused, and as unbelievably sloppy this 18 watt turned master volume cascade affair is, there would be no way to recreate this tone. So another build would almost surely be a let down.It really does sound amazing all of a sudden. Every time i turn it on i expect the tone to be back as it was but each time i'm happy to find it;s still sounding amazing. I think tomorrow i'm going to make the tacked connections solid w/o changing them too much and zip er up.

Comment

• Aw stop with that arthritis shizzle. Who among us here doesn't have dents from age!?! Too many players have proven that it's "what" you play, more so even than how well that matters. Experience is a powerful tool also. I don't even play much anymore, but I do other things. Some hope for a nice, peaceful exit from this world. I plan to enter Heaven in a sideways skid with the tires spinning
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
          Aw stop with that arthritis shizzle. Who among us here doesn't have dents from age!?! Too many players have proven that it's "what" you play, more so even than how well that matters. Experience is a powerful tool also. I don't even play much anymore, but I do other things. Some hope for a nice, peaceful exit from this world. I plan to enter Heaven in a sideways skid with the tires spinning
          I just have one question....can I bring my amp with me when i go?

Comment

Working...
          X