Help Marshall vs65r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://postimg.org/image/rgebxp6wr/

Ok this is the pic of the board please tell me from where to where and how I do this.I'll try myself.Trust nobody in the city I live or the entire sicily will do that.Everytime I need some help for my reel to reel or cassette deck or speakers I pack them and ship in the north of Italy

Comment

I can't really tell from that pic. Can you take one from the other side looking toward the caps above the white resistors. A bit better light would help a lot.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

hei if I take the picture from there you will see nothing.Should I do that from the leg of the resistor closer to zd2 to the zd2 itself?Should the wire goes on top of zd2 or bottom?

Comment

Wire from the end of ZD2 with the black stripe. I can't tell for sure which resistor is which or which end from that photo.

Comment

thanks I'll identify the resistor from the numer,but Which side?How I can know for sure?There is any sign on the resistor?

Comment

Here is a link about continuity testing https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...ter/continuity

If you check for continuity (basically checking for a very low DC resistance) from pin 4 of CON2 to one end of R17 then your wire will go to the other end ( where you do not have continuity). It's really really really important to get this step right - get it wrong and you'll blow the entire preamp. Please ask if this is not 100% clear.

Comment

Ok as soon as I do I'll tell you.If I can I'll show you a video and then you're gonna tell if it's the right one ok?thanks

Comment

Hi I have a question to check continuity on pin 4 CON 2 do I have to disconnect the connector than count pin 4(left to right?) or I have to check continuity with the connector attached with the board?

Comment

It's best to disconnect it to avoid any chance of a false reading. There is a "1" marked next to the end of the connector to indicate pin 1.

You *might* be able to see the copper tracks through the PCB by putting some light behind it. That way you can see how it really is wired up.

Comment

Do you want to visit sicily for a few days?My guest LOL

Comment

Originally posted by AL78 View Post
                        Do you want to visit sicily for a few days?My guest LOL
                        You bet. See ya in four hours October in UK is getting cold early this year.

I'm trying to get hold of a copy of the PCB drawing..standby..

Comment

I didn't have any luck with he layout. Sorry. I tried.

Comment

Don't worry.For now I just put aside this.Someday I'll try the jumper solution hope will fix unless the owner take it back.If I do it I'll let you know

Comment

No continuity in both leg of r17

Comment

Little update Now I have reading beetween both leg of r 17 and con 2 I think It's good right?Unfortunately no sound

Comment

Working...
                                X