Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer DDX3216 - Problems with boot

Hi all,
    I'm new in this forum and I've found here very useful infos about the Behringer DDX3216 Mixer.
    I have a trouble with this device. I've already read all the previous threads but unfortunately I haven't found the solution.
    In my DDX3216, the first part of boot is correct but the mixer remains in the state shown by the following picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2016-11-06_20-55-21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	871063

Fader positions are not shown on the display. Furthermore, pressing buttons makes no change in the mixer state and all faders remains in the lower position. The 7-segments displays are off. All the front panel is "freezed" and, obviously, there is no sound at the output.

I've checked the PSU, that is correctly working (tested with resistive loads and oscilloscope), and the crystal Q3 that oscilllate.
    I try to disconnect all the flat cables from the CPU01 board, except the display, and the boot procedure ends with something like "error, check faders...": so, I think that the 386 CPU is working correctly (maybe...)

Can you help me? I don't know where to turn

Thanks (and sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian)!
    Alessio

This link may be of some assistance. Theres like 6 pages there, don't reply in that thread though, place your questions here.

Thanks,
    nosaj
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t24165-5/
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Hi nosaj,
      thanks for your reply!

I have the same problem reported by soundmandoug: after the CPU completes it's power-on sequence (about 14 seconds, during which the display shows the "DDX3216" splash screen) the faders are not loaded and buttons are un-responsive.
      Soundmandoug solves this problem by changing EEPROMs with ones bring out from a working unit.

I haven't another DDX3216 to try this solution. So, I re-flash EEPROMs with BIN files uploaded by S2udio, but unfortunately this not works: now, the mixer shows a message like "UNCORRECT PROGRAM". Another user said that the uploaded files are not working.

Finally, can anyone help me with a working set of BIN files?
      Many thanks!
      Alessio

Comment

Check the fader board for dry joints/ bad ribbon cable.....there is an eprom up there as well that can go corrupt ,a while now since I had any trouble with my two desks,
        One of the main epproms deals with fader positions ,leds etc etc.....cant remember which one ?
        Those flash files do work , you need ver 1.12 update to run them and always set to factory default at first load., they will error if you don't.. ADAT cards we fitted to the imaged desks.
        Sorry been awhile since my last DDX episode.

Comment

Hi all! Thanks for your replies, and sorry for my absence in this thread.

Originally posted by S2udio View Post
          Those flash files do work , you need ver 1.12 update to run them and always set to factory default at first load., they will error if you don't.. ADAT cards we fitted to the imaged desks.
          Well, I tried to start my desk with your files, by pressing SETUP + 1-16CH buttons (in order to reset the device) but the display said "No valid program - Restart update". My mixer has only one ADAT card.
          Can you help me? Are you sure that your EEPROM files are correct?

Many, many thanks!
          Alessio

Comment

Originally posted by Elettronico View Post
            Hi all! Thanks for your replies, and sorry for my absence in this thread.

Well, I tried to start my desk with your files, by pressing SETUP + 1-16CH buttons (in order to reset the device) but the display said "No valid program - Restart update". My mixer has only one ADAT card.
            Can you help me? Are you sure that your EEPROM files are correct?

Many, many thanks!
            Alessio

Hi all!
            I resolved my problem using another DDX3216 unit, borrowed by a friend.
            I copied the EEPROMs code from the working unit, then I flashed my EEPROMs.
            Finally, IT WORKS!!!

Here are EEPROMs bin files, DDX3216 v1.1 with an ADAT expansion.
            CPU_EEPROM_DDX3216_v1.1.zip

Bye bye!

Comment

You totally saved my unit! Thank you so much!

I have had this repair sitting in the corner for more than a year and when I came across your dumps I thought, can't hurt to try. And it worked. Still testing the unit but it looks like this was the only problem - apart from an old display...

Thanx again.

Comment

Hi, Elettronico!
                I have the same problem.
                I think that you changed the eprom IC19, becouse is only one time programmable. And reprogrammed the others that are flash eeproms. No?
                Thanks.

Comment

Hi!

I had the same problem on the LCD (missing faders) after replacing the CPU (AM386SC300). Device reset solved the problem in my case.

ingo.

Comment

Thanks.
                    I solved reprogramming the flash eeproms with the binaries that I found at the forum """"problems with boot"""". Now it is fine.
                    Thanks again.

Comment

Guys ... you need to fix the forum editor. It's acting erratic.

Comment

Originally posted by Elettronico View Post
                        Hi all!
                        I resolved my problem using another DDX3216 unit, borrowed by a friend.
                        I copied the EEPROMs code from the working unit, then I flashed my EEPROMs.
                        Finally, IT WORKS!!!

Here are EEPROMs bin files, DDX3216 v1.1 with an ADAT expansion.
                        [ATTACH]42710[/ATTACH]

Bye bye!
                        Not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebus1966 View Post
                          Guys ... you need to fix the forum editor. It's acting erratic.
                          Please elaborate on what you mean.

Thanks,
                          nosaj

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
                            Please elaborate on what you mean.

Thanks,
                            nosaj
                            You see the empty entry just above here? Well that is because after having made that entry successfully I wanted to edit it by tapping (android here) on the pensil. I get the edit page and scroll down to see the my text. I tap on it to add text. What happens next the screen browser goes back to the thread with the entry completely erased.

If you wish I can mail you screen capture of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebus1966 View Post
                              You see the empty entry just above here? Well that is because after having made that entry successfully I wanted to edit it by tapping (android here) on the pensil. I get the edit page and scroll down to see the my text. I tap on it to add text. What happens next the screen browser goes back to the thread with the entry completely erased.

If you wish I can mail you screen capture of the process.
                              Do you have a computer that you can see if it is duplicated?
                              Are you in mobile mode or default vb4 mode? If your not sure down at the bottom of this page lower left is a drop down that lets you choose styles. See if it does it in both styles. From here it just looks as though you deleted the message as I can see what you typed then deleted.

nosaj

Comment

Working...
                              X