Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange Dark Terror. Mod for more resonance.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Dark Terror. Mod for more resonance.?

I aquired an Orange Dark Terror about three weeks ago. It sounds great through my V30 loaded 4x12 but I would like a little more depth/low end. I'm currently running an eq in the loop and I'm barely pushing the low end. I like the result that I'm getting, but I like to tinker. I heard that the Mercury Magnetics output transformer adds some low end, but I'm thinking the resonance control mod would work for me. Problem is I can't find a schematic to find the NFB resistor. If someone could please locate the NFB resistor for me and suggest different resistor and/or capacitor values to experiment with. It would be greatly appreciated. Also I wouldn't mind making this a permanent mod without a switch or pot. Just a simple piggy-back on the existing NFB if that will work.? Thanks in advance!

Nevermind about the schematic. Just found one on here. My question still remains. Can I just piggy back r48?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dark Terror.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	844138

A replacement transformer would be the very last thing to try. You could try adding a 0.1uF capacitor in series with the 4.7k feedback R48 to boost the LF below about 330Hz. You can play with the value and/or add a 20K variable resistor in parallel with the cap to vary the effect.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Or you can use another type of speakers in your cabinets.
        V30 is brash , bold and with not much deep bass.
        Or accept you are using V30 and be happy with its sound, which I bet must be killer as-is.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X