Need Schematic for Orange TH30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Schematic for Orange TH30

Does anyone have a schematic for an Orange TH30 amp head? It powers up, but doesn't pass signal.

No schematics on this amp but a few things. The one I worked on had a bad tube in the FX loop which cut signal from passing to the speaker. Just a simple replacement of the 12AT7 tube and it was back in action. Not saying that is what is wrong with your amp but checking signal flow through the tubes would be a good starting point. Got something drawn up on the amp called dirty stages but probably not much to go off about. I could even be dirty or worn contacts on the effects send/return jacks.
    Attached Files
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Everything in the amp is doing the job of getting something to come out the speaker.

It powers up. Not sure what evidence of that you see, so I ask:
      do ALL the heaters glow?
      It doesn't pass signal, but is there some background noise in the speaker telling you it is alive?
      If it has an FX loop, can you plug the guitar into the return and hear it?
      And if you play into the regular input, can you get a signal out of the FX send?
      Inside, do you have B+ supply?
      Is high voltage present at EVERY power tube plate and grid?
      Is high voltage present at every plate on the small tubes? (Pins 1 and 6 of the 12A?7 family)
      Is cathode voltage present at pins 3 and 8 of the 12A?7s?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Orange.

I have found them to be very helpful in the past.

Orange USA

1741 Wilwat Drive

Suite A1

Norcross

GA 30093
        USA

Tel: 1-404-303-8196
        Fax: 1-404-303-7176
        info@orangeusa.com

Comment

I found the problem. I replaced the HT fuse( F2) and all the voltages and signal came back. The fuse blew when I took it off the limiter and plugged straight into the wall outlet. I replaced both the fuse and the power tubes and the problem went away.

Comment

Working...
          X