600mA
    20mA cathde current

12ax7 x 1
    300mA
    1.2mA plate current*

12DW7 x 1
    300mA
    22mA cathode current

*Should I be using cathode current or plate current to calculate load?

And what percent of overspec'ing is reasonable for each set of windings?

ampeg_gu-12 (1).pdf
    ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Mort,

I've got one. I won't be able to get to it for two weeks, but it's a real deal from q blown amp (OT died, before I knew how to fix it, so I gutted it).

Justin

BTW: awesome Stones amp!!! I think inhave the trek bug,too...
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
      Mort,

I've got one. I won't be able to get to it for two weeks, but it's a real deal from q blown amp (OT died, before I knew how to fix it, so I gutted it).

Justin

BTW: awesome Stones amp!!! I think inhave the trek bug,too...

Sweet! I was wondering if the bug was the same as a Fender one.
      ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Thanks but I just bounced it off the customer and he wants a new part rather than an original one.
        ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

No problem... more amp for me! Good design choice, though.

Justin
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one because it's a little off the beaten path and it's also not expensive to buy an original but he doesn't care. He wants *me* to build it, and he's also an amp builder himself. That makes it kinda flattering too. He builds nice, higher end modern gainy stuff and has his own brand. He's pretty busy with that so doesn't have time to do it this personal one for himself.
            ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

Well, seriously, this is one I wish I'd waited for. I was only into guitar repairs at the time, and never saw myself fooling with amps, so I gutted the thing. I still have the empty cabinet and PT, but the rest is history... it seriously did a rock thing like 70s Stones... which makes sense, cuz they kinda used Ampegs at the time...
              I'd love to revisit it, if I could wrap my head around those Ampeg circuits...

Justin

Comment

The circuit looks pretty standard to me. It uses a triple triode but there's nothing all that different about the circuitry. Is there something I'm not gleaning that's tricky about them?
                ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

No, I'm just not at the point of understanding the "different" styles of drawing sachems. Even though they're error-riddled, hr Piazza drawing gs are a bit easier for me to grasp cuz they're drawn more co ventionally.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                  X