Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Kraft Tele Flatwork

Hey Guys,

I've ordered a few sets of Tele flatwork from Tone Kraft and I just want to know something about the bridge pickup.. To my eye it feels like the holes on the top flatwork are not at the same spacing as the holes on the bottom flatwork and the spacing gets worse as it gets to the outer edges... is this normal? I assembled a bobbin and as expected it feels like the outer magnets get pushed out a bit giving it a not straight feel. The neck pickup flatwork is great and feels like the spacing is perfect. Can anyone confirm that these tolerances are normal for the bridge pickup? thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3944.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	871110

I like Tone Kraft products .I do find the neck tele pickup spacing a little wider than the mojotone's products .No biggie . the tops should be the same spacing as the bottoms & a little undersized/tighter to help prevent flaring .
    Spacing should be the same . Did you contact Tonekraft ?
    Last edited by copperheadroads; 12-09-2016, 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

No I thought i'd ask here first since i'm new to Tele winding, I will contact them though because it feels like its causing it to flare. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Ditto what Copper said.
        Holes should match up top and bottom.
        I've put some mojo flatwork, that was a little off.
        I went ahead and wound them anyway!
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Forbon will expand and contract just like wood- the thinner material is tends to move quicker than thick. Im going to bet the top plates absorbed a little moisture which made them get longer. 20 years ago the american made NVF national vulcanised fiber wasnt as senstive to that but once they stopped making it we started having to store cut parts in sealed plastic bags until they hit the potter- once they get waxed its stable.

Comment

Working...
          X