Transformer wire layout help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
    Here's the Chassis , [ATTACH=CONFIG]45380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45381[/ATTACH]
    My plan was to to cover larger holes that are towards the center & install my turret or eyelet board in that area & possibly drill holes (atleast one new hole ) for the power tubes , but I am not liking how close V1 will be to the Output transformer this build will have dc heaters on the preamp tubes . I wonder would if it be better if i move the OT up next to the power transformer , this is a combo amp but i think there is enough room to move the OT next to the PT .let me know what you guys think ?
    They have things to pop into unused holes. I'll post some pics tomorrow in this thread.

nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      They have things to pop into unused holes. I'll post some pics tomorrow in this thread.

nosaj
      Got them from a radio shop closeout.
      They just pop in.

nosajClick image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	847528Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	847527Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	847526
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Getting some of the components ready to order over the weekend ,I was thinking of possibly drilling new holes for the 5881's & using the back holes for the preamp tubes/sockets .covering over the center sockets with some sort of alloy plate .
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
        X