No announcement yet.

Need Generic Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey @DrGonz78, would you be willing to share any additional pics of the amp board seen above. I have a Marlboro G-60R that looks almost identical to the one shown; problem is a few connections are missing and have yet to find a schematic that matches what i have in hand. The drawings (or .jpgs rather) cussed and discussed in this thread and others so long ago are close, but the variance is enough to leave me guessing. I used to play a friends G-60R years ago, always loved something about the sound of that cabinet. Would really like to see if the poor tattered remains I've found can be resurrected. Thanks!!

Comment

I still have the amp but I need to dig it out of my storage area. This might get me to finally change the speakers (really cracked up cones) and sell the thing. In the next couple of days I will take some pics to post here.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Well first things first, mine is actually not a Marlboro G60R but rather a 560A model. You can see that the Hohner CA-12R model which is pictured early in this thread had different arrangement of pots. There are differences like the Hohner amp has 1000uf 35v filter caps and this one has 2200uf 50v caps. The Hohner CA-12R must have been 30-40 watts and G60r/560A Marlboro is 60 watts or so. Here are some pictures of the 560A and I hope it helps you get your G60R up and running again, pretty sure the G60 and 560A are nearly identical. I am actually going to go over this amp and cut out the death cap. Also, I had some trouble with the tremolo circuit working then not working. Still gotta see if the schematics I have translate to this amp at all. If you run into problems with your amp repair just create a new thread on the site and there are many people that will chime in to help.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	853993Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1541.JPG
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	853994Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.JPG
Size:	959.8 KB
ID:	853995Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1544.JPG
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	853996Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1546.JPG
Size:	941.5 KB
ID:	853997Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1547.JPG
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	853998Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1548.JPG
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	853999

Edit: I had gotten this amp many years ago and have learned some since then. Looking at this now I think that this amp has an interstage transformer leading to the outputs. I would not have known that by looking at it back in 2012 when I got this amp. I am even thinking about learning how to recone these old Eminence speakers in this amp. Probably not economical but man I like these old 1979 10" speakers. I would love to see them working again as the cones are all torn up badly.
        Last edited by DrGonz78; 06-12-2019, 10:11 AM.
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
        X