Marshall JCM 800 2210 Channel Bleed Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 800 2210 Channel Bleed Question

An older thread by Wes on 04-04-2013 discussed this problem & what I hope is the solution, which pointed me in the direction of C40 & the CA3046. My question is what type of capacitor is C40. The schematic shows it as .22u. there is no mention of whether or not if it is polarized nor is a voltage rating given anywhere I can find it. the actual cap is marked AGE 224 & below it MOB 211. It is located on the underside of the PCB going from CA3046 pin 8 to the middle wiper of VR1. I didn't see any polarization markings. What would you gentlemen suggest for a replacement?

Thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4328.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	871128Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4330.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	871129
    jcm800_splitch_100w_2210.pdf
    Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

It is a non polarized capacitor. Multilayer ceramic. To avoid low frequency crossfade between channels you can use (I think there are three in the circuit) capacitors of 1 or 2.2uF 60V/100V.

Comment

Thanks Pedro!
      Drewline

Comment

I finally got an LM3046 in after in got lost in transit after being back ordered, installed it along with a new C40 cap. Channel bleed problem is gone.

I just wanted to thank you once again to the members of this forum for all the great information & help available here.
        Drewline

Comment

Working...
        X