Fender Frontman 65R - pots :thumbsdown:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Frontman 65R - pots :thumbsdown:

Fender says this is a "non field serviceable amp." So they do not supply replacement parts. I did find a 50kB on parts is parts, but also need a 100k gain pot. These pots are very specific to this amp. Long plastic shaft, knurled, pcb mount clip in types. I'm thinking maybe one of the bracket types will work if I simply break the brackets off... if I can find one that's 100k that is. Either way I'll get it figured out with other pots. But boo on fender for making an amp with such specific proprietary pots.

That said, I love these amps. Super loud and compact. Great for funk guitar parts.
    Attached Files

I'm sure you can make something work, but look around for broken ones or cheap ones at pawn shops or garage sales and BAM!
    You've got replacement parts for a bunch of them.

Comment

What's wrong with the original one? If the shaft is broken or bent, you could get another one of the 50K pots and swap the rear wafer from the original one.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Not field serviceable refers to warranty repairs, they will not pay for that, and will replace the entire unit rather than have a repair in the field. it is NOT a list of amps with no parts.

Go to nickb's site: Guitar Amplifier Schematics and more

And under fender open FM65r, NOT Frontman 65r. The first page is a parts list with part nunbers for those pots.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fender replied to my inquiry to puchase these pots saying there arent any to purchase.

Ill first see if 50k works...then I'll see about the wafer swap.

Comment

I see, they used to be avaialble but are no longer in stock. The amp is about 13 years old. I found places that listed it in their sales, but all showed out of stock. By "it" I refer to 0069527000, the 100k gain pot.

Mouser:
            http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...s%2fH0Mhw5U%3d

Description is knurled shaft, picture is of flatted shaft, but they also sell flatted. Same picture for both.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ooh good find. Thanks for that.

Comment

These folks have it listed - I deal with them a lot, a good company. Fender Amp Parts - Fender Pots

Comment

They don't have 100k except in reverse audio. Those are D shaft pots as well, which could work... but not reverse audio so much.

EDIT: oops I guess that's correct for the drive control in this amp.

Comment

Working...
                  X