Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snarling dogs - assistance reviving dead dog

Hi,

I've recently bought a Snarling Dogs 'Tweed E Dog' which for some reason has died on me. The sound comes through the true bypass ok (which I'd kind of expect anyway) - when I turn the effect on, the leds light up but no sound comes through.

I've had a look inside for any loose wires etc but can't see anything wrong.

I've also tried contacting Snarling Dogs, Kenny (the bloke who designed the pedal), Kenny's wife, and any other available email address that is anything remotely connected to Snarling dogs pedals but I've had nothing in response.

Since the inside of the pedal looks considerably more complicated than anything else I've looked at, does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this thing - or even better, a circuit diagram / schematic. As far as I can make out, these units aren't in production any more so I can't see why anyone would be precious about putting schematics on the net....

any help vastly appreciated!

Cheers

It's essentially the same circuit as the old Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes pedal, almost to the component. The big difference is that the Hot Tubes had an on-board transformer because the circuit wants a little more current than most pedals. It *can* run off a 9v battery just fine for a while, but they don't last as long as with many other pedals.

http://www.schematicheaven.com/effec...tubes_dist.pdf

Comment

Working...
    X