kurzweil mark 10 , no sound/no sound in right side speaker or wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kurzweil mark 10 , no sound/no sound in right side speaker or wire

Hello, i purchased a really nice looking Kurzweil mark 10 just to find out there was no sound coming from the right side . then i looked under the keyboard and seen there was no speaker , so when i replaced the speaker there was still no sound. can someone suggest my next step in repairing this keyboard.

Does the dead speaker make any background hum or pop at power up or other sign of life?

Play a demo or a sequence or just poke a matchbook between keys on an organ patch for a steady tone. Look at the volume control, is signal on both sides? Is signal on both wipers? Find the power amp input connector, inject a hum signal with a paper clip or something, does it come out both channels?

Get the schematic and troubleshoot.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

reply kurzweil mark 10

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Does the dead speaker make any background hum or pop at power up or other sign of life?
      there actually wasnt a speaker in the unit on the right side until i replaced it and no the speaker has no sound.

Play a demo or a sequence or just poke a matchbook between keys on an organ patch for a steady tone. Look at the volume control, is signal on both sides? Is signal on both wipers? Find the power amp input connector, inject a hum signal with a paper clip or something, does it come out both channels?
      no the problem withvolume on the left speaker it plays fine, im not sure with the power amp input connector looks like .
      thanks for the help

Get the schematic and troubleshoot.
      there actually wasnt a speaker in the unit on the right side until i replaced it and no the speaker has no sound.
      no the problem withvolume on the left speaker it plays fine, im not sure with the power amp input connector looks like .
      thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
      X