Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

I don't quite understand Fender recycling their amps from the 90's as "Historic Reissues" but a friend thought that the OD channel on the reissue sounds a lot better than the one on the original. Does anyone know if the circuit has been changed at all? I suggested that it might just be a lower gain preamp tube for V1 (I'd try a GT 5751M there if a NOS 5751 was not available).

Thanks!

Steve Ahola
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Nah, they are all 12AX7s. SOme subtle differences in the circuit.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Nah, they are all 12AX7s. SOme subtle differences in the circuit.
      Enzo:

Yeah, I know that Fender would not put in premium Groove Tubes... I don't believe that they make a co-branded 5751.

So, the $64,000,000 question is what are the subtle differences in the circuit?

Steve Ahola

P.S. I was looking at the #047003 G drawing for the original amps and it looks like the only difference between the Blues Deluxe and the Blues DeVille is a diode and cap in the bias supply circuit, and two resistors in the footswitching circuit for the reverb. Those 4 components are evidently replaced by jumpers which I guess would go on the pcb in place of the components...? It seems like replacing CR18 with a jumper would short out the bias supply circuit.

P.P.S. So is Fender including a schematic with the Blues Deluxe Reissue amp? I guess I could bring a copy of the old schematic down and look for the differences...
      The Blue Guitar
      www.blueguitar.org
      Some recordings:

Comment

Oh a couple component values mainly. After all, look at the PV mods on your web site - change a few values to change the sound. Fender did the same thing.

Watch your email.

I don't think they replace the diode with a wire, I think they remove the diode and install a wire - but not at the same location on the board. On the parts layout, there is a brief description of the diferences there.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Oh a couple component values mainly. After all, look at the PV mods on your web site - change a few values to change the sound. Fender did the same thing.

Watch your email.

I don't think they replace the diode with a wire, I think they remove the diode and install a wire - but not at the same location on the board. On the parts layout, there is a brief description of the diferences there.
          Hey, thanks a lot! I posted the schematic on my site:

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/schem/...le_reissue.pdf

I printed it out at letter size and cannot read it. If it was a JPG or GIF file I could edit and resize it but being it is a PDF file it will be a bit more tricky. I think I'll try using SnagIt to do a screen capture, once I set the screen resolution to what I want. So why do Adobe and Microsoft have to make this stuff so difficult??? LOL

One change I could see was the master volume on the Drive channel- on the original amps it was a 2 wire variable resistor shunting the signal to ground. On the reissue it is wired as a real potentiometer.

FWIW my friend tried a 3rd Blues Deluxe Reissue and did not like it as much as the first two. Perhaps there are a few different minor revisions in production, or it could just be the differences between the actual tubes...

Thanks again!

Steve Ahola

P.S. I just assumed that the jumpers would go in the same pads as the removed components.... D'oh!

It sure would be nice if Fender, et al, would include greyscale drawings of the copper side of their boards like Peavey did for their Classic 30. If part of the board burnt up you'd want to see what it was that was trashed...
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:

Comment

Adobe make it easy - if you have Photoshop.
            You can open the .pdf and specify a resolution then save in JPG format.

S.

Comment

Not sure what the problem is. All my schematics are in PDF. If I want to blow up a section, I just click the image grabber, surround the part I want, then click to save to clipboard. Then right click in the area saved and select print from the menu.

Comment

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 (free) and it has a "loupe" tool - it draws a zoomed-in view of a document in a different window, the zoom level as well as the current selection being, naturally, user selectable. Or you can use the marquee zoom tool and them simply print the "current view", if you're only interested in a certain part of the schematic.

This schematic is actually drawn in vector format, it doesn't get any better than this for the purpose of zooming-in.

Cosmin

Comment

Working...
                X