Crate GT1200H need help troubleshooting reverb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimijames31 View Post
    Enzo you were right on so many levels. I had made to many assumptions. First I assumed the reverb pan in the amp was the one that had originally came with it. Based on the conversation I had with the previous owner I thought he said he tried a different pan but put the old one back in. It turns out that it is a type used in fender or mesa style tube amps. TAD RV-8AB2A1B. Secondly I had lined up the colors of the rca jacks to the colors on the pan the result was I had the send pluged into the output and vice versa. At the moment I think the initial problem the old owner was trying to fix was the connector on the board that wasn't soldered correctly or had come loose some otherway. At that point everything else just made the problem worse. I will see about getting the right reverb tank and see what problems if any remain.

Thanks again for suffering my inexperience.
    Hi! I have EXACTLY this same issue. I just purchased a used Crate 1200h, and the reverb is doing the same thing. Have taken the reverb unit out and looks fine, but reading this thread i'm wondering if I need to switch it out.

I have a Belton BS2BB1C1B, and reading this thread makes me think I need something with a higher impedance.

Did you manage to resolve? Trying to work out whether to get a different reverb pan, or take it along to a shop to get a quote on fixing it.

Any help massively appreciated!

Comment

I sold the head a year or so ago. I never fixed the reverb but in my case I believe it was the reverb pan. It is hard to say if that is really the problem though. The person I bought it from said he bought a new pan to try and fix it so maybe the issue was something else. I would start by making sure you have the correct reverb with the correct impedence that info should not be too hard to find. If you do then I would say take it in if it is worth fixing to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimijames31 View Post
        I sold the head a year or so ago. I never fixed the reverb but in my case I believe it was the reverb pan. It is hard to say if that is really the problem though. The person I bought it from said he bought a new pan to try and fix it so maybe the issue was something else. I would start by making sure you have the correct reverb with the correct impedence that info should not be too hard to find. If you do then I would say take it in if it is worth fixing to you.
        Thanks for the quick response, i'll look into it further!

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to locate the correct reverb pan - that'd be great! Maybe this is a common issue with the amp itself, odd that we have the same issue with 2 different reverb pans.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyHearn View Post
          Thanks for the quick response, i'll look into it further!

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to locate the correct reverb pan - that'd be great! Maybe this is a common issue with the amp itself, odd that we have the same issue with 2 different reverb pans.
          Welcome to the place.

While I don't care one way or the other, you might want to start a new thread for your amp so we don't start to get things confused with the earlier one.

Do you have an ohm meter? If you do, you cant test the tank that came with the amp to see if it is working or not rather than spending time swapping out tanks that may of not be compatible., and that may or may not be the actual problem.

Comment

Working...
          X