Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• takamine acoustic electrics issue cp-132sc

Morning

I don't normally touch this sort of thing, But a local guitar shop that i do repairs for asked a favour as they brought it working then it failed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4907.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	871189
    This acoustic has low output. Not pickup or battery. Injected a signal and i can see it til it gets to i ic called 4062
    This unit has 3 ic all with different numbers on
    signal seems to get going into pin 1 and 2
    any assistance ??

have a good day people

What you see are two different opamps.
    UPC4572
    ADA4062

The pinouts are standard opamp configuration.

Pin 1 output A
    Pin 2&3 Input A
    Pin 4 -V
    Pin 4&5 Input B
    Pin 7 Output B
    Pin 8 +V

Comment

thanks jazz bass. I did look at the ada4062 but pin 1 and 2 are connected together via track ( can see in the picture ) and ive tested with dmm. when i checked the net for pin out on a ada4062 i noticed the 1-2 are input and output so this lead me to believe that it wasn't an ada4062.

will check tomorrow again

Comment

An op-amp with input connected to output is a standard unity gain buffer:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Voltage-follower.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	844502
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Op amps have two inputs, an inverting one and a non-inverting one. It is very common for one input to tie to the output.

Edit: g1 beat me to it.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Many thanks
            Ive learnt something new today

Comment

Here are three circuits that I pulled off of the ADA4062 datasheet.
              Attached Files

Comment

here's a couple links with info on the Accuracoustic preamp with schems.

I don't know why they used these crappy electrolytics for signal coupling except for space as they tend to fail, like the one I'm working on.

https://www.musiker-board.de/threads...esucht.399060/

Yustech GT-Guitars and Basses Solution.: Takamine AccurAcoustic Preamp Issues Part II

Comment

I've fixed plenty Takemine preamps due to leaking electrolytics. The problem is not tied down to one particular version, either. Often they're so bad the tracks have corroded away. Even more difficult is those that are positioned between sliders and difficult to reach. I've been replacing the low-value electrolytics with Tantalum for the past 5 years and they're holding up fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X