Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM900 combo, volume down and up

Hi everybody,
    I have a problem with a marshall jcm 100W combo.
    A friend of mine gave me tha amp and said "try it", because he experienced a sudden decrease (and increase after some seconds) of output volume after a while he was playing (10/20 mins). I experienced the same problem after a while I was playing using the clean channel (spiltted to only 50W).
    I think I'll take it simple first and I would like to replace the 2 pre-amp valves.
    I have one JJ Tesla ECC83S and a Sovtek 12AX7 equivalent. I think they're OK.
    What do you think?

P.S.: In what position V1 and V2 are looking to amp from back side?
    I found shematic but not layout and I'm quite new to Marsall amp.

does it have an effects loop, get a cable and patch the send and return jacks. check all your cables and maybe even check your guitar for good 'ol sake.

Comment

Yes, it has effects loop, I'll try with "tested" cable.
      Same problem with different guitars (I don't think this is the problem).
      Meanwhile I would like to replace two pre-amp tubes (very quick). Cuould you help me?

Comment

Those 2 are fine replacements for test. V1 is the farthest one away from the power tubes.

Comment

Hi,
          I replaced V1 with a JJ Tesla and I played for 1 hour without problem (but mainly on Overdrive channel).
          I gave the amp to my friend and I'm waiting for him to play for a longer time.

Thanks everybody,

Ciao

Comment

Originally posted by siggo View Post
            Hi,
            I replaced V1 with a JJ Tesla and I played for 1 hour without problem (but mainly on Overdrive channel).
            I gave the amp to my friend and I'm waiting for him to play for a longer time.

Thanks everybody,

Ciao
            Good deal keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
            X